Saturday, May 2, 2015

I will be doing a webinar for NCCN about evidence-based care of the dying and will be show casing the CARES Tool. The webinar is called Optimizing Nursing Care at End of Life. It will be available through NCCN until late June go to http://education.nccn.org/node/64447 to check it out.

I am also continuing to chat with HPNA to sponsor and post the CARES Tool. I am hopeful that I can make the CARES Tool more available to help all of us provide better end of life care. So all positive thought will be appreciated.

I am working on a screenplay based on my novel Resilient Hearts. The novel follows a Palliative Care team and how they care for their patients and each other. My husband loved it so much he is organizing an independent film production company to make it into a movie. This has been a goal of mine since I finished the book. I feel a movie would be a great teaching tool and reach many more individuals. It shows how important setting goals of care and having open communication is to promoting a peaceful and loving death, how very important it is to have self-care.

I also had the pleasure to talk to a nurse practitioner who decided she needed to learn more about palliative care. I was able to help her see how as a nurse we are already focused on providing palliative care and we talked about the difference between providing primary and specialty Palliative Care. Nurses need to become experts in primary palliative care. I think I found a kindred spirit in this NP and I hope to help her appreciate the special gifts she can bring to he patients by providing primary palliative care.

So thanks for checking out this blog. I will continue to stay busy.
Take care,
Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment